India-China border standoff has began again at Ladakh region in Galwan valley nearer to Aksai chin area. As we all know that China is firstly responsible for coronavirus outbreak, and due to this pandemic, the whole world is facing the results of this deadly virus. COVID-19 cases have been rising continuously since the outbreak. And in India, the cases regarding India-China border has started to rise from the last few days.
After this outbreak of coronavirus, the relationships of China with other countries getting weaker and weaker. At the very first movement, United States of America has declared that they will break every kind of relationship with China, starting from economic parameters to strategic parameters. After United States of America, Australia is applying its efforts to inquire and wants an independent inquiry against China.
But China is responding very cowardly and creating conflicts. May be that conflicts will distract the another countries towards coronavirus, so that, every country will indulge to cure COVID-19, and China will be having a chances to get succeeded in its actually policy.
China started these conflicts from South china Sea, where it started irritating its neighboring countries of South China Sea i.e with Vietnam, Indonesia and recently with Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macao.
It also started to interfere in India at India-China border and creating some coward impacts over there at the borders. Recently before few days, China’s military personnel did incursion at the Sikkim border. Similarly, they again started incursion at the Ladakh border.
The India-China border has been witnessing tension over the past month, with incidents reported in at least four different locations along with the Line of Actual Control ( LAC ).
Almost it has taken 20 days to facing these kinds of coward movements from China. But we do not have the solution of these conflicts till now.
The Chinese troops have come in about 3 km into Indian Territory South East of the Galwan Valley, largely known as Hot springs area in eastern ladakh. India claims that the whole Aksai chin is the integrated part of India that China has illegally captured from Pakistan as a gift. During 1962 Indo-China war, china claimed that only Aksai chin was the part of china but later on it started moving further towards India parts to capture cowardly, and today china has come nearly at Galwan Valley. Right now, China is claiming that, upto Galwan Valley near India-china border the area is completely under China’s administration. But Actually, the Line of Actual Control ( LAC ) is considered upto Galwan Valley.
Chinese Troops coming towards Indian Territory
- The troops of China crossed the border by 3 kilometers towards the India territory south east to the Galwan Valley.
- Before few days ago, Chinese troops were trying to do incursion near Pangong Lake.
- It is estimating that Chinese have brought in a large number of Border Defence Regiment ( BDR ) troops at various positions along the line of Actual Control ( LAC ).
- About 1100-1300 troops have come in at multiple locations even though the figures have varied.
- India too has moved troops in these areas along with logistics setup which includes tents.
- Infacts some estimates shows that around 5000 chinese troops have come there in the Galwan valley.
- This is the image of Chinese settlement tents in Ladakh region, captured by the satellites.
- Including these tents, Chinese forces sending some trucks, high machinery system into Indian territory.
Incursion of Chinese troops near Pangong Lake
- Sources in the know said that Beijing has also moved in men at the ” finger areas ” of Pangong Lake while increasing build up its side of the line of Actual Control ( LAC ).
- The Pangong Lake’s northern bank juts forward like a paim, and the various protrusions are identified as ” fingers ” to demarcate territory.
These are the ups and downs near by Pangong Lake, actually these areas are covered with barren mountains.
These areas are covered by chinese security forces in order to hide themselves from India troops. There are approximately eight finger areas over there.
- India claims that our territorial area is at upto finger area 8, while on the other side China claims that our territorial area is at up finger area 2.
Finger Area Domination is worrisome
During the Kargil Battle, when troops were diverted from the area to fight Pakistan, China had stepped in and built a motorable road finger 4. Sources said India, which dominates finger 2 has been trying to construct a road further over the past few years that would have provided soldiers with the capability t move in vehicles and faster.
Why these kinds of conflicts happen with India and China at Line of Actual Control ( LAC )
There is around 23 disputed and sensitive areas along the unresolved 3,488 km long LAC witness aggressive patrolling and face-offs between troops from the two sides. India records around 300 transgressions by PLA troops every year. Number shot up to 426 in 2017, the year of Doklam stand-off.
| Indian States |
| Disputed Area|
kaurik, Shipki la
Namkha Chu, Yangste
These are some regions of india where the disputes have been continuously going on in every year with China. Recently in 2017, Doklam disputed was in news.
They mainly occur in areas along the Line of Actual control ( LAC ). The LAC has never been demarcated.
- Face-offs occur when patrols encounter each other in the contested zones between overlapping cliam lines.
- Protocols agreed to in 2005 and 2013 detail rules of engagement to prevent such incidents, but have not always been adhered to.
- These protocols was also made in 2013 , 2015 as well , and these are made by Border Development Corporation Agreement ( BDCA ). But both the China and India does not follow these protocols.
Why India and China do not Follow these BDCA’s Protocols
- Sources said that contrary to inputs of a large Chinese troops presence at Galwan Valley, the build-up is within the Chinese claim line ( CCL ), which is also considered as the LAC at local level.
- Sources told that the Chinese have not crossed their CCL in these areas but they did accept that these areas are about 3 km within India’s perception of the Lina of Actual Control.
- The patrol points in these areas are named by numbers and Indian troops, a mix of Army and the ITBP personnel, patrol these points from time to time.
- No maps have been exchanged in this area between India and China demarcating what is the Line of Actual Control.
- Indian troops always suggest Chinese troops to demarcate the India-China border points, but Chinese troops do not show interest in doing this.
Points that have not been Clarified by Line of Actual Control Yet
- India has long proposed an exercise to clarify differing perceptions of the Line of Actual Control ( LAC ) to prevent such incidents at India-China border.
- Maps were exchanged in the middle sector, but the exercise fell through in the western sector where divergence is big.
- China has since rejected this exercise, viewing it as adding another complication to the on-going boundary negotiations.
Why is all This Happening Now at India-China border?
- Recently Nepal has represented its new map with the collaboration of China. These may be the signs of china-Nepal cooperation against India.
- India supports the probe in which almost 65 countries want to know the actual cause of coronavirus. This is also one of causes that why India has support against.
- As we know that maximum foreign companies have decided to shift into India from China. That is why, China is trying to do its more efforts against this.
Comparison of Powers of India and china
India’s National Security Advisor ” Ajit Doval ” in collaboration with Indian security forces said that we are ready to defend any kind of warfare activity. NSA Ajit Doval has been closely monitoring the evolving situation along the Line of Actual Control in Ladakh as well as in North Sikkim and Uttarakhand. In the Mindset of escalating border tension in eastern Ladakh, PM Modi held a meeting with NSA Ajit Doval including Chiefs of Defense Forces with CDS Bipin Rawat and discussed about this ongoing issue of India-China border.
India and China are the two powerful countries conferring with most defensive powers. But we are wishing that this sign of disputed conflict may have solved soon, otherwise the chances of war will increase. Already the whole world is facing the coronavirus pandemic, but if this matter will not get solved then there will be chances of war. Basically, the main thing is that the demarcation of border area has not been done yet, due to this, these conflicts are happening every year with China. And also china should accept the proposal of demarcation from India about India-China standoff. So, that the chances of war may overcome and these two countries may move forward for the development.
STAY TUNED WITH US FOR MORE LATEST UPDATES
THANK YOU FOR VISIT