Central government has recently passed a law called ” DOMICILE LAW ” for Jammu And Kashmir ( Union Territory ). This is the first time in the history of Jammu and Kashmir that this type of modification is going to be done in this area. The Indian government has also broken a restriction in jammu and kashmir i.e Article 370 for the development and to get integrated with whole India just like other states are working together with central government.
Initially Jammu and Kashmir was not an integrated state with India. Infact, this state had its own constitution and also had a special status of being an independent state. But now these parameters have been changed and some have modified for the upliftment of this Union Territory.
Features of Domicile Law
- The person who has been living in Jammu and Kashmir for the Last 15 years will be recommended for the domicile.
- Every body, whether the person actually belongs to another state, if he is living in Jammu and Kashmir since this given time interval can get domicile.
- As in terms of Jobs, the candidate who will be having this domicile can apply here in the Jammu and Kashmir for any job.
- Maximum opportunities that a citizen of a state gets, will be able to recieve from the central gonernment under domicile.
- Initially, only the candidates of Jammu and Kashmir could apply for the jobs, but right now when the domicile will be given to the eligible candidate, then that eligible candidate will also be able to apply for the jobs in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Central government may also provide some reservation for the actually serving candidates of Jammu and Kashmir.
Benefits of Domicile Law
- The person who was not able to purchase land in Jammu and Kashmir, now that person will be allowed to purchase land in this area under domicile( if eligible).
- People of different states under domicile can apply here for the jobs.
- People will purchase land in this area both for business as well as for survival.
- When different industries, companies and factories will set up here, they will generate employment for the people in Jammu and Kashmir.
- This domicile law will help to maintain national integrity among the people.
- People will come to know about the social adaptability.
- Local business like saffron cultivation in Jammu and Kashmir ( famous ) will be benefited when the people of different states will come there. Due to this, the demand of saffron will always increase ( example ).
- People will be conferred with right to vote to cast their vote for the election purposes.
- The opportunities that a citizen enjoy in its state, will also enjoy under domicile law.
Drawbacks of Domicile Law
- A lot of refugees will get citizenship under this domicile law.
- The population will increase but our resources are limited, this will create a disturbances in Jammu and Kashmir at some points.
- Competition will increase upto the level in terms of employment.
- Local people of Jammu and Kashmir will face some difficulties initially, but with the passage of time they will made themselves habitual towards positivity.
- There might be a chances of violence in Jammu and Kashmir due to this domicile law.
- Religious disintegration may happen.
Jammu and Kashmir before 370 Article and 35 A
After independence in 1947, Pakistan got separated from India. At that time, Jammu and Kashmir was the only area which was independent completely i.e not with India and not with Pakistan. So that is why, Pakistan wanted to capture Jammu and Kashmir including POK, Gilgit-Baltistan.
Pakistan started to send Pathans and Qawalis to attack Jammu and Kashmir in order to capture illegally. At that time, Maharaja Hari Singh was the King of Jammu and Kashmir. Maharaja Hari Singh applied his full efforts to defend these Pathans and Qawalis, but Maharaja Hari Singh did not have enough Army to tackle these Muslim invaders.
So this is the reason why Maharaja Hari Singh signed treaty of Annexation with India to get integrated with India. After that, India Army came there in Jammu and Kashmir to defend the Pathans and Qawalis. India Army did well in their work and did not let invaders more to entre into Jammu and Kashmir illegally.
But after Maharaja Hari singh, Sheikh Abdullah came into power as a big intellectual of Jammu and Kashmir. He was very good and close friend of Prime Minister jawahar lal Nehru. One day, Sheikh Abdullah invited Jawahar lal Nehru in Jammu and Kashmir. In that meeting, on the recommendation of Sheikh Abdullah, Jawahar lal Nehru officially gifted Jammu and Kashmir as a particular state having its own constituion.
In that meeting, Prime Minister Jawahar lal Nehru signed an article named as ” Article 370 ” for Jammu and Kashmir including 35A.
Characteristics of Article 370 and 35A
- The citizens of different states cannot purchase land in Jammu and Kashmir.
- No outsider can apply here for jobs.
- Jammu and Kashmir will be having its own constitution.
- People of Jammu and Kashmir will also be having dual citizenship of both India and Jammu and Kashmir.
- Jammu and Kashmir will have its own State flag.
- There should be no provision of Right to information ( RTI ) in Jammu and Kashmir state.
- Special reservation for Jammu and Kashmir in the centre.
Facts about Jammu and Kashmir
- Jammu and Kashmir is a Northern Union Territory of India.
- Its population is approximately 1.25 crores.
- The diverse landscape of Jammu and Kashmir attracts millions of people into the lap of the northernmost part of India.
- This region is blessed with nature’s beauty.
- While Jammu is famous for its temples like Mata Vaishno Devi, Baway wali Mata, Chichi Mata, Bawa Sidh Goria Nath ji temple in Suwankha( vijay pur).
- Jammu has a very popular community known as “ DOGRA” is proceeding since Dogra ruler like Maharaja Hari Singh, Maharaja Ranjit Singh, Maharaja Ranbir Singh etc, all of these are the initiators of DUGGAR BHOOMI .
- The syncretic culture of Kashmir is best encapsulated by the word Kashmiriyat, which described the cultural values of the Kashmiri people.
- Shikara stays are a unique experience highly recommended and usually included in good Kashmir packages.
- The seasons in Jammu and Kashmir are spring, summer, autumn and winter.
- Srinagar, in Kashmir valley, has served as the capital in summer, while Jammu has served as the Winter capital of Jammu and Kashmir.
We are hoping that this domicile law will come as a gift for both India as well as the citizens of Jammu and Kashmir for the development.
STAY TUNED WITH US FOR MORE LATEST UPDATES
THANK YOU FOR VISIT
STAY HOME STAY SAFE