As we know that a country’s protection depends upon its way of functioning . whether in the field of political , social, economical or in the defensive parameters. Each one of them has a great role in its country . Actually they work cooperatively so that their country may touches the hills of success. Secret agencies are one of the most precious part of the country or we can say that they work like a backbone for their parent countries. These Intelligence Agencies are also known as the first line of defense against potential internal and external threats.
Work Profile of Agencies
- They perform their work strangely and secretly from other professions .
- Deal with internal as well as external security of their parent countries.
- Their actual work is to tackle terrorism.
- They also perform their best in political , social and economic dissemblance at the global level.
- Totally prohibited to reveal their actual profession among the public.
Here The Top 10 Secret Agencies In The Word That Acts Like The Back Bone For Their Parent Countries
Secret Intelligence Service (SIS)
Foreign Intelligence Service
Central Intelligence Agency ( CIA)
Federal Intelligence Service (FIS)
Research And Analysis Wing (RAW)
Directorate-General For External Security (DGSE)
Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI)
- Ministry of State Security (MSS)
- Australian Secret Intelligence service (ASIS)
Mossad ( Hebrew for Institution) is the Secret Intelligence Agency of Israel Facts
- Founded; 13 December 1949
- Headquarters; Tel Aviv, Israel
- Founder; David Ben-Gurion in 13 December 1949
- Current Director; Yossi Cohen
Mossad – The Institute For Intelligence and Special Tasks has the responsibility to collect the information from the locals both at internal as well as external levels.
It plays a very important in the terrorists activities and in insurgency as well.
Initiates covert operations and counter terrorism .
- It focuses on Arab nations and organisations because Israel is surrounded by various Islamic countries like Syria , Iraq , Jordan etc , but still it stands in front of them bravely and do the surveillance over them . Operations Of Mossad
Operation Garibaldi in 1960 was done in buenos Aires for the location, identification, kidnapping and movement to Israel of Nazi fugitive Adolf Eichmann.
Assassination of Herberts Cukurs ( in Feb 23, 1965), Operation of Mossad was done in which the Latvian fugitive war criminal Herberts Cukurs was assassinated.
Operation Diamond ; This was a covert operation , when the most advanced Russian war plane at that time ‘ The Mig – 21, was stolen from iraq and landed at an air base in Israel.
- Operation Opera ; This was an Intelligence gathering operation on the betterment of Iraq’s nuclear reactor. 2. Secret Intelligence Service
The Secret Intelligence service is an Intelligence Agency of United Kingdom Facts
- Founder; H.H Asquith
- Common Name; MI6
Chief; Alex Younger
Responsible Ministry; Foreign Ministry ( Foreign Secretary) Work Profile
It deals with the collection of overseas information based on political, economic and social parameters.
It performs its best in order to analyse the human intelligence.
Its motto is semper Occultus ( Always Secret).
It takes initiatives with the collaboration of security forces , whenever needed.
- MI6 is an organisation where integrity , courage and respect are central to what we do. 3.Foreign Intelligence Service
The Foreign Intelligence Service is the Intelligence Agency of Russia Facts
- Formation; In December 1991
- Headquarter; Yasenevo, Moscow , Russia
- Motto; SVR RF
- Chief; Sergey Naryshkin
- Ministry responsible; Directly Reports President of Russia Work Profile
- It mainly focuses on civil affairs externally.
- It works together with Russian main Intelligence Directorate.
- The SVR is also authorized to negotiate anti-terrorist cooperation and arrange intelligence sharing with FIA.
- It directly reports to president and provides him secret and useful information and also provides analysis and dissemination of intelligence. 4. Central Intelligence Agency
The Central Intelligence Agency is the Principal Foreign intelligence Agency of United States of America Facts
- Founder; Harry S. Truman
- Founded; 18 september 1947
- Headquarters; Langley, McLean, Virginia , United States Work Profile
- The CIA is a civilian foreign intelligence agency of United States of America.
- It deals with counterintelligence in US by the direction of President.
- The FBI has the lead on intelligence matters in the United States , especially those directed against US citizens. The CIA does not collect information based on domestic or internal activities , but its a foreign intelligence agency , thats why it collects information and operates at the global level.
- The men and women who works in CIA are spies and agents
- The CIA does its work of gathering intelligence including other agencies of US.
- The CIA has law enforcement authority.
- This agency also plays a very important role to keep all the secrets of US Govt.
- It is organised into four major directorates. Directorate analyzes intelligence gathered by overt means from sources such as news media and by covert means from agents in the field, satellite photography , and the interception of telephone, mobile phone, and other forms of communication.
- From 1951 to 1953, the CIA introduced operation BLUEBIRD as an early pre- runner to MK- ULTRA.
- Mind control experiments, false memories and new identities were given to subjects who were made to take daily doses of LSD-25 as part of this bizarre social experiment because the CIA has conducted the largest , and most well-funded, dubious human experiments. 5. Federal Intelligence Service
The federal Intelligence Service is an Intelligence agency of Germany Facts
- Formed; 1 April 1956
- Headquarters; Berlin , Germany
- jurisdiction; Govt. of Germany
- Ministry Responsible; Ministry of Special Affairs
- Parent Agency; German Chancellery Work Profile
- The Federal Intelligence Service is also regarded as one of the best informed intelligence services in regards to the Middle East from the 1960’s.
- It collects and evaluates information on a variety of areas such as international non- state terrorism, weapons of mass destruction proliferation and illegal transfer of technology, organised crime, drugs , money , weapons etc
- It is Germany’s only overseas or foreign intelligence service that deals with both military and civil affairs.
The German agency passed the information onto American military one month before the invasion. 6. Research And Analysis Wing (RAW)
The Indian Research And Analysis Wing is the Foreign intelligence Agency of India Facts
- Founded; 21 september 1968
- Headquarters; CGO Complex , New Delhi
- Chief; Samant Goel , IPS
- Motto; Dharmo raksati raksitah
- Parent wing; Cabinet Secretariat
- Child Agencies; The Aviation Research Center, Radio Research Center, Electronic and Technical Services, National Technical Research Organisation, Special Frontier Force, Special Group.
- First Chief; R.N Kao
- Common name; R&AW
- Ministry Responsible; Directly reports Prime Minister Work Profile
- This Indian external intelligence agency only deals with the external affairs .
- It maintains the external security of Indian.
- It was created as the India’s primary intelligence force following the Sino-Indian and India-Pakistan battles.
- R&AW is also responsible for monitoring political, economic and in- country scientific developments.
- It plays a massive role in India’ anti-terrorism efforts.
- Initially after independence , Intelligence Bureau was responsible for internal as well as external security of India but it needed some more improvements in work. After that PM Indira Gandhi established a new Secret agency called as ‘R&AW’ in 1968 as a foreign intelligence agency.
Operation EP 150
- Operation Dubai
Ravinder Koushik ( R&AW Agent) Ravinder Koushik , also known as ‘The Black Tiger’ of India . This name was given by the India’s former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi due to koushik’s sacrifices for India. He sent to Pakistan during 1970’s to acquire information from Pakistan’s Army. With the passage of time , he completed LLB from karachi’s university and later on joined the Pak Army , infact he became an Officer. He used to give very useful information to Indian Army to Defend Pak’s attacks. 7. Directorate-General For External Security ( DGSE)
The Directorate-General For External Security is an intelligence agency of France Facts
Founded; 2 April 1982
Headquarters; Paris, France
Parent Agency; French Armed Forces
Chief; Bernard Emie
- Ministry Responsible; Ministry of Defence Work Profile
Its task is to acquire secret political, military and economic information from foreign targets.
The DGSE works under the French Ministry of Defence alongside its domestic counterpart.
It provides intelligence and safeguards to French security .
Performs its work by paramilitary and counterintelligence operations at global level.
It works on special operations, such as missions behind enemy lines, exfiltration.
- Offensive Counterintelligence in the DGSE has direct connections with the other fields of counterinfluence. 8. Inter-services Intelligence
Inter-Services Intelligence is a National as well as International Secret Agency of Pakistan
- Founded; 1 january 1948
- Founder; Robert Cawthome
- Headquarters; Islamabad, Pakistan
- Chief; Lt. Gen Faiz Hameed
- Child Intelligence Agency; Covert Action Division
- Common Name; ISI
It is responsible for acquiring, processing, and analyzing national information .
- The chief of ISI directly reports the Prime Minister and Army chief.
- The primary mission of ISI includes aggressive intelligence , psychological warfare, subversion, sabotaging etc.
- Deals with counterintelligence part, ISI has a dedicated section which spies against enemy’s intelligence collection.
- The ISI agents often build a very warm relationship with the subjects and takes long time to develop trust.
- Indian muslims were most attempted targets but now high caste hindu diaspora is the real attraction of ISI agents for espionage.
- Maximium , infact every judicial , political , economical works comes under ISI . It is not the real head of the country but still alot of decisions , works , strategies are made with the help of ISI consultations.
9. Ministry of State Security ( MSS)
Ministry of State Security is the Secret police agency of China
- Founded; july 1983
- Headquarters; Beijing, China
- Chief; Chen wenqing
- Parent Agency; State Council of the people’s Republic of China
This agency is the result of an amalgamation of the central Investigation departments, and has shown success in carrying out operations against terrorism in the greater china region such as Taiwan and hong kong.
- It deals with counter intelligence , foreign intelligence and political security.
- It ensures the security of the country through effective measures against agents, spies and counter-revolutionary activities designed to distructions, destablizes china’s socialism.
- It also resists the illegal supplies of weapons , drugs, cross border terrorism.
10. Australian Secret Intelligence service(ASIS)
The Australian Secret Intelligence is a foreign intelligence agency of Australia Facts
- Founded; 13 May 1952
- Founder; Robert Menzies
- Headquarters; Canberra, Australia
- Chief; Paul Symon
- Parent Organisation; Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade Work Profile
- It deals with the collection of foreign information, including both counter intelligence and liasing with the intelligence agencies of the countries.
- In 1983, the agency made headlines on a mock training mission at the sheraton hotel in Melbourne , when the exercise resulted in hotel staff and guests being physically assaulted. Conclusion ; These agencies plays very important to protect their own countries by contributing hidely. Some times , different country’s secret agencies cooperatively perform operations in order to destabilize the world’s enemy’s strategies.