Here we are providing you some top current affairs of 2nd week of May 2020 based on both national as well as international parameters. If anybody is preparing for the competitive exams like SSC CGL, Railway ( Group D + NTPC ), Intelligence Bureau ( Security Asst. ), State exams etc, then these top current affairs will help you there in the exam. Actually, we are also going to provide some keys points about the top current affair titles.
As you know that in maximum number of entrance exams, you the wattage of 25 questions from each section including current affairs section. you can practice for Mathematics, General knowledge, History, Polity, Geography etc, but for current affairs section, you have to prepare yourself for latest updates.
India cricket team captain Virat Kohli has conferred with the “Spirit of cricket award” by ICC ( International Cricket Council ) for the year 2019.
- ICC ( International cricket Council ) is the world governing body of cricket.
- It is headquarted at Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Membership; 104
- CEO; Manu sawhney
Ministry of Tribal Affairs has launched ” GOAL ” programme along with facebook for digital skilling of tribal youth.
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs is a branch of Government of India that looks after the affairs of the tribal communities in India.
- According to this ” GOAL ” programme, the tribal youth of India will be conferred with various digital skills.
- Arjun Munda is currently serving as the Tribal Minister of India.
Jammu and Kashmir has become the first Indian Union Territory which will be having “ Floating Post Office ”
- This floating post office has been set up on Dal Lake of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Current Lt. Governor; Girish Chander Murmu.
- Important Lakes of J&K; Dal Lake, Mansar Lake, Manasbal Lake, Sheshnag Lake, Wular Lake ( Fresh water lake ).
- Important Rivers of J&K; Chenab River, Jhelum, Indua, Tawi, Shyok, Nubra, Suru lake.
- Important National Parks; Dachigam National Park, Hemis National Park, Kistwar National Park.
- Folk Dances; Kud Dance, Dumhal Dance, Rouf Dance, Bhand Pather Dance, Hafiza Dance.
Shivangi Hari Bhushan Singh has become the first women pilot of Indian Navy
- She is serving as Sub-Lieutenant in Indian Navy and has become Pilot.
- She completed her education from Sikkim Manipal University.
- Occupation; Aircraft pilot.
Chattisgarh state government will launch the ” Rajiv Gandhi Kisan Yojana “
- State government will provide Rs 10,000 per acre to the farmers according to this yojana.
- This amount of money will be transferred into bank accounts in 4 phases.
- Chief Minister; Bhupesh Baghel
- Governor; Anusuiya Uikey
- Important Wildlife Sanctuaries; Pameda Wildlife Sanctuary, Gomarda Wildlife Sanctuary, Sitanadi Wildlife Santuary.
- Folk Dances; Saila Dance, Karma Dance, Sua Nacha, Panthi Dance, Gendi Dance.
Changi Airport of Singapore has been named the World’s best Airport for the eighth year in a row at the Skytrax World Airport Awards
- Singapore’s Official name; The Republic of Singapore.
- Prime Minister; Lee Hsien loong
- President; Halimah Yacob
- Currency; Singapore Dollar
Indian Cricketer Ajinkya Rahane Has Been Appointed as Brand Ambassador of ELSA Corp
- The company’s product ELSA speak is a mobile app which uses speech recognition technology and artificial intelligence to help language learners improve their english.
- This association, where the Indian cricketer will be endorsing the company’s mobile application, aims to popularise ELSA speak among Indian individuals who want to better their English pronunciation.
Govinda Rajulu Chintala Has Been Appointed as the New Chairman of NABARD
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development is an Apex Development Financial institution in India.
- This bank is responsible for matters concerning policy planning and operations in the field of credit for agriculture and other economic activities in Rural area in India.
- It is Headquartered at Mumbai.
- Agency Executive; Harsh Kumar Bhanwala.
HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Has Launched the Mobile App ” National Test Abhiyas “
- There are a lot of candidates who are preparing for JEE and NEET examination, and due to lockdown they cannot study properly because all the coaching centers are closed due to coronvirus pandemic.
- That is why this app has been launched by HRD Minister with a motto to provide aspirants a high quality of mock test series.
- This application can be used by any candidate free of cost. You have to just download this app from play store, then you will get all the test series for the preparation of JEE and NEET.
India has provided USD 2 million aid for the United Nations relief and works agency working for the welfare of Palestinian
- Palestine is recognized officially as the State of Palestine.
- Proclaimed Capital; Jerusalem.
- Official Language; Arabic.
- President; Mahmoud Abbas.
- Prime Minister; Mohammad Shtayyeh.
World Bank has announced $ 1 Billion Social protection package for India.
- World Bank has announced this package to India for social protection.
- World Bank is an international Financial Institution that provides loans and grants to the governments of poorer countries.
- It comprises two institution; The International Bank for Reconstruction and Development and the International Development Association.
- It is Headquartered at Washington DC, United States.
- President; David Malpass.
- Parent Organisation; World Bank Group.
- Founder; John Maynard, Harry Dexter white.
Slovenia has become the first European country to proclaim an end to the coronavirus epidemic
- Slovenia is an country in Central Europe is known for its mountains, ski resorts and lakes.
- Its Capital is Ljubljana.
- Currency; Euro.
- Population; 20.8 lakhs.
- Prime Minister; Janez Jansa.
- President; Borut Pahor.
Uttarakhand state has recently launched a ” HOPE ” portal to help unemployed youth
- Uttarakhand State is a northern Indian state crossed by the Himalayas, is known for its Hindu pilgrimage.
- Chief Minister; Trivendra Singh Rawat.
- Capital; Dehradun, Gairsain ( Summer ).
- Folk Dances; Barada Nati, Pandav Nritiya, Chhopati, Basanti, Mangal.
- National Parks; Valley of Flowers National Park, Rajaji National Park.
These are some important current affairs of 2nd week of May 2020. We have explained the titles as well as the important key words that may help you for the static gk. If any body is preparing for the interviews then he/she can also read these current affairs. We hope you enjoy to read these sections of current affairs.
STAY TUNED WITH US FOR MORE LATEST UPDATES
THANK YOU FOR VISIT
STAY HOME STAY HEALTHY