The Youth of Uttar Pradesh gets shocked by the decision taken by Yogi Adityanath. UP govt. extended probation of jobs to 5 years to secure the budget and revenue of the government. Already the employment rate in India is very low, while on the other side the probation period of jobs has been extended from 2-5 years.
- The government of Uttar Pradesh has taken a big decision to increase the probation period of government jobs from 2-5 years.
- As per the report, only the jobs belong to Group B, C and D will be facing this extension of the probation period.
- During temporary service, 12 departmental exams will be conducted in 5 years to check the interest of the servicemen and almost 60% marks must be secured by the candidate, otherwise, the candidate will be rejected from the job.
- Also, the allowances in the pay will be deducted.
Every MP / MLA must go through
3 year probation period and after every 6 month there should be a mechanism to check their service for the country men.. https://t.co/iuonxganva
— Pritamjit Ghose (@GhosePritamjit) September 14, 2020
What is Probation?
The probation period is defined as the time period during which a selected candidate is examined as per the requirements of a job. All central govt, state govt, bank, PSU jobs have a probation period of 1-2 years. In the case of government jobs, the probation period is treated as a learning phase, less responsibility and work under the supervision of seniors.
Even in the private/corporate sector, new employees commonly join on initial probationary periods of between 3-6 months-easy to quit. In the private sector, a candidate performs his job to analyse the job profile, whether it is suitable for him or not. While on the other side, private companies also watch the candidate perform to hire him or not. This process goes for 3-6 months.
|Point to be noted;|
If any major lapse on the probationer’s behalf-authorities can remove them from the service without much hassle.
Why UP govt. extended probation of jobs to 5 years from 2 years?
As per the reports, it has been analysed that Uttar Pradesh government wants to secure the revenue for the further infrastructural developments in UP such as railways, roads, bridges and other private sectors which involves digital platforms ( IT sector ).
Recently, due to COVID-19, a great economic loss has been faced by every province of India, especially by Uttar Pradesh. So to overcome the economic crises in UP, the government has decided to extend the probation period of jobs and also the allowances will not be given to the servicemen till 5 years completion.
|Recommended for you; https://getupdatedinfo.com/digital-innovation-instead-of-paper-greetings/|
Drawbacks of the extension of Probation Period;
- Initially, an employee used to do his job as a temporary member for just 2 years and now that employee will do his job as a temporary for 5 years.
- Allowances used to be given to the employee just after 2 years but now the allowances will be given to the employee after completing 5 years.
- Now, the departmental exam will be conducted every after 6 months in between 5 years.
- To check the interest of the candidates, at least 12 departmental exams will be conducted and it will be necessary to secure 60% marks in that exams to remain in the job.
What are the views of Youth of Uttar Pradesh?
22 की उम्र में फॉर्म भरा,
23 की उम्र में पेपर हुआ,
25 की उम्र में रिजल्ट मिला,
2 साल कोर्ट केस चला
29 में फाइनल रिजल्ट मिला
2 साल साल जोइनिंग का इंतजार किया
31 साल में भर्ती हुए
5 साल संविदा पे रहे
36 की उम्र में परमानेंट हुए,
50 साल नौकरी की बिना पेंशन के सेवानिवृत हुए
— Shubham Dwivedi (@Shubham93875614) September 13, 2020
The youth of Uttar Pradesh is not happy with this proposal of the government to extend the Probation period because the youth is saying that already the unemployment is very high in India and on the other side, UP government is demoralising the youngsters who are depended on the government to advertise new recruitments.
Some candidates have been preparing for Group B and Group C exams for a long time, and now their preparation is not more interested to get job in Uttar Pradesh. According to them, the government is doing good to save revenue but it is playing with the future of the youth by demoralising them.
Other Options for Government to Generate Revenue without playing with the future of Youth;
- The Uttar Pradesh government should implement this proposal of extending the Probation period of jobs for a short period of time until the revenue recovery.
- The government can also increase the tax from industries, businessmen or it can take help from the Asian Development Bank and the World Bank.
- It can provide basic pay with limited allowances to the employees so that they may satisfy.
According to our analysis, we concluded that this decision of Uttar Pradesh government will not be considered as suitable to generate revenue because UP’s main revenue comes from services i.e 50% contribution. If we oppress the services in a state then automatically we are decreasing our services contribute to the economy.