The Armenia and Azerbaijan are the middle eastern countries which are surrounded by Iran, Turkey, Georgia and Russia. Initially, these countries were the part of USSR but they got separated after the USSR’s breakage. Why Armenia and Azerbaijan are on the war front? This has created a division in the Persian Gulf in terms of Political and Diplomatic issues.
Recent External News ;
- Armenia has claimed that 3 Helicopters of Azerbaijan have shot down and 4 Azerbaijan tanks have hit by artillery.
- While on the other side, Azerbaijan is saying that there is no such kind of destruction happened here. In fact, we are on the way in a proper investigation.
- Internationally, Pakistan, Turkey and the ” Organisation of Islamic Cooperation “, have condemned Armenia’s attack on Azerbaijan.
— Roya Mammadli (@95Roya) September 27, 2020
Armenia – Azerbaijan;
The population of Armenia – 30 Lakh.
The population of Azerbaijan – 1 crore.
Azerbaijan – Muslim Majority country.
Armenia – Christian Majority.
Capital of Azerbaijan – Baku.
Capital of Armenia – Yerevan.
Why Armenia and Azerbaijan are on the war front?
These are middle-eastern countries and have been undergoing a land dispute since the USSR’s breakage. Actually, Azerbaijan has two landmasses but are not connected with it. In fact, these landmasses are connected with Armenia.
Azerbaijan was an independent nation from 1918 to 1920 but was then incorporated into the Soviet Union. It became a constituent republic in 1936. Azerbaijan declared independence on August 1991.
On September 22, 1991, people of Armenia voted in a referendum to proclaim independence from the Soviet Union.
Conflict in the Nagorno-Karabakh region began following the breakdown of the Soviet Union in the late 1980s and lasted till approximately 1994, with both Armenia and Azerbaijan claiming this strategic territory.
In May 1994, Russia mediated a ceasefire between Armenia and Azerbaijan, but the conflict has continued for three decades, with instances of ceasefire violations and violence instigated from both sides.
According to Armenia, Nagorno-Karabakh is a part of Armenia because Christians have been living over there since USSR separation and Armenia also claims that initially, it was an autonomous region. But while on the other side, Azerbaijan claims that the Nagorno-Karabakh is gifted by USSR to Azerbaijan.
Tensions between Armenia and Azerbaijan since 2018;
The border between Armenia and Azerbaijan has been tense since 2018, particularly after Azerbaijan moved troops into the area, close to its border with Georgia. In a break from the violence that the disputed region has witnessed for over 30 years, this area has been relatively calm for the past two years.
Key Points about Nagorno-Karabakh Disputed region;
- A mountainous region of about 4500 square kilometres.
- It is traditionally inhabited by Christian Armenians and Muslim Turks.
- During Soviet times, it became an autonomous region within the Republic of Azerbaijan internationally recognised as part of Azerbaijan, but the majority of people is ethnic Armenians.
- An estimated one million people displaced in 1990s war, and at least 30,000 were killed at that point of time.
What the people of Nagorno-Karabakh are saying?
People of Nagorno-Karabakh are very much frustrated with these kinds of disturbances/destructions in that region because from both the sides, bombing is done by the forces.
Due to bombing, maximum Nagorno civilians get injured and some times a lot of deaths happen. So according to them, it is a genocide on them that is going on right now.
Actually, they want a separate country and don’t want to annexed with any one of them as citizens because according to them, if a separate country will not be formed then there will be maximum chances of the war and chances of huge deaths would be increased.
|Point to be noted;|
Now, martial law has been imposed in Armenia by the government and widespread the mobilization for the age group over 18.
International Response to this dispute;
Countries like Turkey, Pakistan, OIC ( Organisation of Islamic Cooperation ), strictly condemned Armenia for this tragedy and are in favour with Azerbaijan. While on the other side, Russia, India and the United States of America completely support Armenia.
|Points to be noted;|
Is this a sign of World war?
Well, it seems to be like that because the world is dividing into zones like;
- India, Russia, America, Israel, Japan, South Korea, France, Germany and ASEAN countries.
- Pakistan, Turkey, Iran, Syria, Iraq, China, Bangladesh, Azerbaijan, OIC, Saudi Arabia, UAE etc.
It has not officially announced that these countries are supporting Armenia and Azerbaijan but it has been estimated by the intelligence agencies.
According to our Analysis, we concluded that Armenia and Azerbaijan are going on with the land and religious issue that initiate a cold war in future. We think, this matter should be transfer to the United Nation immediately and should again initiate the referendum as per the UN’s instructions.